This course provides an introduction to the organisation and safe delivery of enjoyable football sessions for young players and is the first step to becoming a recognised football coach.
The Level 1 Award in Coaching Football is ideal for anyone wanting to further their knowledge and gain a nationally recognised qualification. Whilst the Level 1 is applicable to all age groups, it is specific to those working with players aged 5 – 16 years old. Students and Young Leaders will also find this a very useful stepping stone to vocational courses relating to football such as, sports therapy, administration and refereeing.
This course is a maximum of 32 hours, split into practical and theory sessions:
• 8 Hours Practical
• 8 Hours Theory
• 3 Hours FA Safeguarding Children in Football
• 3 hours FA Emergency First Aid
• 8 hours Assessment (including a 15 minute practical assessment)
The course will introduce some key aspects including:
• Player and coach development
• The FA’s Respect Programme
• Laws of the Game
• An introduction to the FA’s Long Term Player Development Model
• An introduction to Football for All